149 years ago this week the English FA was formed. That’s really crazy to think about. I haven’t done my research, but I can’t imagine there are very many sporting associations (in any sport) that are this old and more relevant than ever. To celebrate this major milestone, the English FA have announced a special calendar of events for the year and even a gold crest for the year. I’m sure there are going to be all kinds of things taking place next year for England, and below is a partial list of what can be expected for the year.
* Major England matches including Brazil, Scotland and Republic of Ireland, plus Brazil tour
* UEFA Congress and the UEFA Champions League Final at Wembley in May
* FA England Awards at St. George’s Park on Sunday 3 February
* 20 years of women’s football and the UEFA Women’s Euro Finals in July
* National Football Day on Saturday 10 August
* FA Gala Dinner at the Grand Connaught Rooms on Saturday 26 October
For more on this, head to The FA’s website.