Nike Launches England Jersey
Written By: beans|
May 20, 2013
Earlier today the new Nike England jersey was unveiled through a picture on Jack Wilshere’s Twitter. Now we see a little more info, detailing and imagery surrounding the new Nike England home kit. It’s a good looking jersey. Clean and streamlined. Technical details can be seen below about the jersey.
A clean, distinctive design takes the kit back to its roots with its traditional colors of white and dark blue to celebrate the Football Association’s 150th anniversary. The iconic three lions crest was prominently featured in dark blue on the team’s first kit, and once again, the crest is the proud focus – now with a gold border, a gold star above it signifying England’s World Cup win, and a gold ribbon graphic below inscribed with “150 years” and the dates 1863 and 2013, marking the Football Association’s anniversary.
- The kit is made from recycled polyester as part of Nike’s commitment to produce performance apparel with reduced environmental impact. The shirt and shorts of each kit are made from up to thirteen recycled plastic water bottles.
- In the pioneering process, plastic bottles are chopped into flakes, then melted down to form yarn that is spun into fabric, reducing energy consumption by up to 30 percent compared to manufacturing virgin polyester.
- Since 2010, Nike has diverted more than 1.1 billion plastic bottles from landfill through the use of recycled polyester.
Fabric and Nike Dri-Fit
- The kit weighs just 150 grams, 23 percent lighter than previous Nike kits. It also boasts a 20 percent stronger knit structure and significantly improved stretch.
- The fabric uses Nike Dri-FIT technology to draw sweat away from the body through the fabric where it can evaporate, to keep players cool and dry.
- Ventilation zones, consisting of tiny laser-cut holes, feature under the arms on both sides, as well as at the shorts waistband, to allow additional comfort and cooling. A mesh panel across the entire back increases air circulation.
Fit and Construction
- Nike embarked on an innovative programme of 3D body scans of some of the world’s leading players to produce a more athletic fit tailored to footballers’ physiques.
- The shirt has been crafted with bonded T-bars to support the seams at key points and inner welded seams with a clean finish to give a more striking appearance, while also increasing comfort and performance.
More from my site
Leave a Comment