FIFA Fines, Suspends and Bans Luis Suarez for World Cup Bite – 9 Matches and 4 Months
Written By: isps|
Jun 26, 2014
Whoa, FIFA acted swiftly and laid the hammer down. Check out the ruling… via FIFA
The FIFA Disciplinary Committee has decided that:
· The player Luis Suárez is regarded as having breached art. 48 par. 1 lit. d of the FIFA Disciplinary Code (FDC) (assault), and art. 57 of the FDC (an act of unsporting behaviour towards another player).
· The player Luis Suárez is to be suspended for nine (9) official matches.
The first match of this suspension is to be served in the upcoming FIFA World Cup™ fixture between Colombia and Uruguay on 28 June 2014. The remaining match suspensions shall be served in Uruguay’s next FIFA World Cup match(es), as long as the team qualifies, and/or in the representative team’s subsequent official matches in accordance with art. 38 par. 2a) of the FDC.
· The player Luis Suárez is banned from taking part in any kind of football-related activity (administrative, sports or any other) for a period of four (4) months.
· A stadium ban is pronounced against the player Luis Suárez; the player Luis Suárez is prohibited from entering the confines of any stadium during the period of the ban (point 3).
· The player Luis Suárez is ordered to pay a fine in the amount of CHF 100,000 (approx $112k USD).
Liverpool FC released a statement:
More from my site
Leave a Comment