~~ I just can’t see how Michael Garcia’s FULL REPORT isn’t going to see the light of day….. ESPECIALLY after this all went down in the last couple of days.
Chief Ethics Investigator / New York District Attorney Michael Garcia said in a statement: “Today’s decision by the chairman of the adjudicatory chamber contains numerous materially incomplete and erroneous representations of the facts and conclusions detailed in the investigatory chamber’s report.”
“I intend to appeal this decision to the FIFA Appeal Committee.”
Why did Garcia issue the statement above you ask?
“There’s only one first kit.” – NYCFC
David Villa, NYCFC’s first player unveils the first NYCFC kit.
The jersey features the Club’s badge, chosen by fans, which is inspired by the old New York City Subway Token, created by the Transit Authority in 1953 and used for 50 years as the standard fare for a ride. The last version of the token had a cut out pentagon in the center representing the five boroughs, similar to what appears on either side of the monogram, to reinforce the Club’s connection to the entire city.
The shirt is available right now at shop.nycfc.com in mens, womens and youth sizes.
* I’m with it. – ISPS
[H / t @adidasUSPRGuy for image above]
MLS – The Future is Now – With a burgeoning domestic league, new expansion teams and avid supporters, Major League Soccer is fast becoming the THE sport to follow in the States. – Copa90 on youtube
* Jay Z is credited with one of the best quotes ever, “Men lie, women lie, numbers don’t.”
This video channels some Jay Z.
[H / t to S. Francis]
Last week, The Houston Dynamo announced the appointment of Matt Jordan as their vice president/general manager to oversee soccer operations and the technical areas of the club after tenured Dominic Kinnear decided to end run with the Dynamo and take over the San Jose Earthquakes.
Today, Mr. Jordan was formally introduced and along with president Chris Canetti, met with the media for the first time since Jordan’s appointment.
For full Dynamo coverage, head over to www.HoustonDynamo.com
Tahliah Debrett Barnett, better known by her stage name FKA twigs, is an English singer-songwriter, producer and dancer originally from Gloucestershire and currently based in London. “FKA” stands for “Formerly Known As” and her debut album, LP1, was released in August of 2014 and its effing incredible. She’s the next one. *
* I’ll be totally honest with you. I can never be one of those people and act like I was on the Twigs bandwagon from the beginning, because to keep it all the way 100, I wasn’t feeling this chick in the beginning. When she first started to get a little bit of the mist and I started hearing her name, I looked her up on the internets and wasn’t impressed with the look or the “antics.” Nothing super serious, but the press releases that I saw some extreme pictures and she also happened to be dating that Twilight dude.
I thought she was all the way gimmick.
But something interesting happened one day when I was at a record store looking through albums. I happened to be in the “Experimental Music” section and I saw one of her EPs and loved the cover. So the next time that I saw her LP1 album I was going to buy it. Then I listened to it. The first time I didn’t get it and then the second time around it hit me like a ton of bricks. I immediately downloaded her EP1 and EP2 mixtapes and listened to them all the way through. I’m now efforting them on vinyl.
After that, I replayed the entire B-side of LP1. Song for song, its as solid a four song sequence as I have heard in a long time.
* Two more things, if you don’t eff with Young Turks Records out of the UK, you don’t know music. Google that shit and get hip to that label. And, I so wish I had teh days off and could fly and see FKAT in Japan or Australia.
* Also, this video is weird af. But its dope af too. And when she starts doing her dancing thing at about the 2m mark, man alive….
So earlier today we posted about this cool new website called wheretowatch.com that you can search by title or “talent” and it will give you results of where related movies or television shows are playing.
I was testing it out earlier and entered in a whole bunch of stuff hoping to break it, and I threw in “30 for 30″ and happened to get a result telling me that some of the 30′s are streaming on Netflix.
I jumped over to Netflix and there you have it, all of the 30 for 30 Soccer Stories that ESPN dropped during the World Cup are available for streaming right now.
If you happened to miss one or all of these because you were just so caught up in this summers event, I can’t suggest to you strongly enough that you need to find some time in the near future to watch all of these.
Any soccer head needs to have these viewings in their dome piece.
If you google fat Ronaldo you will get A LOT of hits. The Ronaldo of old started to lose his fitness years ago and seemingly didnt give an eff about it for a while, because let’s face it, he’s Ronaldo.
Who cares if he’s a little bit hefty in Ibiza, he’s still with a smoke, even with his gutler hanging out, because he’s still Ronaldo….. but, it must have been affecting the guy, because first we saw him taking zumba and posting selfies on ig and now he is leaping 3 feet off the ground on step exercisers.
* Those are legit uppers on the 38 years old. This makes me think that if I get my act right, I might be able to get up like that again…